Updated on: 20 December 2019
Technical Essentials 101 Helpful Resources
- AWS What's New Blog -- A resource which shows you a listing of all the new feature announcements on the AWS platform.
- AWS This Is My Architecture -- A site which contains video chalk talks discussing differnent architectures that all run on AWS.
- AWS Blog Listing -- AWS publishes many great blog articles, this is a running list
- AWS Architecture Center -- AWS Primary location for all architecture related concepts
- AWS Solutions -- Vetted, technical reference implementations designed to help you solve common problems and build faster
- AWS Whitepapers -- AWS Whitepapers to help you learn best practices over multiple domains
- AWS Training Info -- AWS Training information, take courses Virtually or Live in Person!
Tutorials and Great Labs
Below are some links to some great starter labs as well as tutorials to help you build solutions on AWS.
- Lab: Intro to Amazon S3
- Lab: Intro to AWS Lambda
- Lab: Intro to Amazon DynamoDB
- Lab: Intro to IAM
- Edx Courses
Windows Setups / Documentation
- Configuring a Windows Instance via the EC2 Configure Service
- Migrating to Managed AD from On-Premise
- Use Sysprep to customize Windows AMIs
- Manage AD Domain Membership on AWS
Q: Where can I find the slides for this presentation? A: If this is an AWS Technical Essentials Day, we do not provide the slides; however, you can see a similar deck located on slideshare.net
AWS and Third-Party Tools
- AWS CLI -- Command Line Interface
- AWS CLI v2 -- A version 2 update, makes SSO easier.
- AWS CDK -- Cloud Development Kit (CloudFormation via TypeScript)
- AWS ECS CLI -- AWS ECS CLI v2
- AWS SAM -- Serverless Application Model (CloudFormation for Serverless Apps)
- AWS SAM CLI Toolkit -- CLI tool for using SAM
- Serverless Framework -- Third Party Serverless CLI tool