Systems Operations on AWS Helpful Resources
Updated on: 11 February 2020
- AWS What's New Blog -- A resource which shows you a listing of all the new feature announcements on the AWS platform.
- AWS This Is My Architecture -- A site which contains video chalk talks discussing differnent architectures that all run on AWS.
- AWS Developer Center -- A site built for developers, your one-stop landing page for all software tools on AWS.
- AWS Blog Listing -- AWS publishes many great blog articles, this is a running list
- AWS Architecture Center -- The AWS Architecture Center provides a collection of technical resources to help you build more effectively and efficiently in the AWS Cloud.
- AWS Solutions -- Has pre-built solutions that you can deploy to get your app up and running quickly.
- AWS Whitepapers -- Great resource for learning best practices for the AWS Cloud.
- Exam Guide
Tutorials and Great Labs
Below are some links to some great starter labs as well as tutorials to help you build solutions on AWS.
- Lab: Intro to Amazon S3
- Lab: Intro to AWS Lambda
- Lab: Intro to Amazon DynamoDB
- Lab: Intro to IAM
- Lab Quest Series: Serverless Web Apps With DynamoDB
- Edx Courses
- Mystical Mysfits App
- Linux Academy
- AWS Certification Prep
Sample Projects, Tools, and Code
The below resources are links to tools, code samples and projects.
- AWS CLI
- AWS CDK
- AWS Trusted Advisor Tools
- AWS Quick Starts
- CDK Workshop
- EKS Workshop
- Serverless Framework
- AWS SAM
- AWS SAM CLI Toolkit
AWS and Third-Party Tools
- AWS CLI -- Command Line Interface
- AWS CLI v2 -- A version 2 update, makes SSO easier.
- AWS CDK -- Cloud Development Kit (CloudFormation via TypeScript)
- AWS ECS CLI -- AWS ECS CLI v2
- AWS SAM -- Serverless Application Model (CloudFormation for Serverless Apps)
- AWS SAM CLI Toolkit -- CLI tool for using SAM
- Serverless Framework -- Third Party Serverless CLI tool